The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a prominent youth-centric program in India that focuses on community service and social development. Launched on September 24, 1969, NSS operates under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It engages college and university students in various community service activities, fostering a sense of social responsibility and national integration.
Key components of the vision of NSS include:
- Voluntary Participation: NSS is a voluntary program, and students willingly join to contribute to community development. The emphasis is on the spirit of volunteerism, encouraging students to actively participate in social service activities.
- Motto: The NSS motto is "Not Me But You," which encapsulates the essence of selfless service and the idea of putting the needs of others before one's own. It reflects the commitment to community welfare and collective responsibility.
- Objectives: NSS aims to develop the overall personality of students through community service. The program seeks to inculcate a sense of civic engagement, social consciousness, and a commitment to uplifting the marginalized and underprivileged sections of society.
- Activities: NSS activities cover a wide range of social and environmental initiatives, including blood donation camps, health awareness programs, cleanliness drives, literacy campaigns, and tree plantation. Students actively participate in these activities, contributing to the betterment of their communities.
- Special Camping Programs: NSS conducts special camping programs that provide students with an immersive experience in rural and urban areas. During these camps, students engage in various developmental activities, interact with local communities, and gain insights into the challenges faced by different sections of society.
- National Integration: NSS plays a crucial role in promoting national integration by bringing together students from diverse backgrounds and regions. The program emphasizes the importance of unity in diversity and encourages students to appreciate and respect the cultural richness of India.
|Dr. Mukut Kumar Sonowal
The mission of the National Service Scheme (NSS) in India is rooted in the principles of community service, social development, and the holistic growth of students. Established with the aim of channeling the energy and enthusiasm of youth towards societal betterment, NSS outlines a comprehensive mission that encompasses various facets of personal and community development.
List of Enrollment (Last 5 Years)
Activities (Last 5 Years)