NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service programme conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. The National Service Scheme Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji's birth Centenary year on 24th September 1969. The aim of the NSS is developing student's personality through community service. NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities, Technical Institution and at +2 level schools, working for a community, awareness and development (esp. Villages, ) .The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service. National Service Scheme (NSS) was introduced in this college in the year of 1982. The unit of T.H.B. College has followed aims, objectives and motto of NSS from the very beginning. The T.H.B. College NSS unit is working for awareness amongst the student community about the various social problems, What can be do for the society, How can do for the society, How to identify the social problems, Understand the community works, How students can take part in the national development process, Health and Fitness, etc. The unit is providing services to the society whenever needed.
MOTTO OF NSS
The Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the student’s development & appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration towards other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is a good doctrine in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
1. Understand the community in which they work
2. Understand themselves in relation to their community
3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving Process
4. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
5. Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
6. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
7. Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
10. practice national integration and social harmony
Programme Officers of the College
|Name of the Officers||From||To|
|Apurba Kumar Medhi||1982||03-10-2010|
|Mrs. Irani Dutta Medhi||04-11-2010||05-02-2015|
|Dr. Ajanta Nath||06-02-2015||21-112018|
|Dr. Mukut Kumar Sonowal||22-11-2018||continuing|
The NSS Unit of T.H.B. College has been doing some activities in the college campus and nearby villages for the society, some of these activities photo clips are shown bellow :