Equal Opportunity Cell
Equality is the soul of democracy. As an important institution of higher education Tyagbir Hem Baruah college partakes in the democratic principles of the system it belongs to. As such, it is pious responsibility of the college to follow and uphold the principle of equality in its policies and practices. The college offers education to students hailing from diverse communities, and a large section of them is from marginalized groups. With a view to maintaining the spirit of equality in all the regular practices of the college from admission to appointment of the staff the Equal Opportunity Cell was set up in the year 2021. All citizens of the Indian nation are guaranteed equality of status and opportunity under the Preamble of the Constitution of India. No one should experience any form of unfairness or discrimination according to the meaning of equality in Indian constitution. The Equal Opportunity Cell functions to ensure implementation of the government laws so that those from the marginalized sections are not deprived of their constitutional opportunities and rights. The cell prevents/looks into any case of discrimination against the students belonging to marginalized sections such as SC/ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), minorities, PwD and Women in the college. Any case of discrimination on the ground of sex, religion, physical disability may be reported to email@example.com for redressal.
The terms of reference wherein the Equal Opportunity Cell at the college may carry out activities are as under:
- To proactively work towards creation of an atmosphere of Equal Opportunity in the college.
- To organize or conduct awareness programme, seminar, workshop etc. from time-to-time on issues of legal/constitutional provisions for the SC, ST, OBC, Minorities and PWD.
- To offer legal counseling to those facing discrimination on the ground of sex, religion, physical disability etc.
- To provide information and counseling to the students from the marginalized sections or PWD category as and when required.
- To create a healthy and robust atmosphere in the college for growth of a cordial inter-personal relationship among students from diverse social backgrounds.
- To organize workshop, counseling programme, coaching for students to appear in the entrance tests/competitive examinations
Equal Opportunity Cell Members
|Name||Designation||Designation in Committee||Contact No|
|Dr. Ajit Hazarika||Principal||Chairperson||700218618|
|Dr. Mukut Kr. Sonowal||Assistant. Prof., Education||Coordinator||9435485550|
|Ms. Rajlakhsmi Basumatary||Asstt. Prof., English||Member||8811945478|
|Mrs. Alaka Roy||Asstt. Prof., History||Member||9101064145|